Monday, February 23, 2009

Privilege by Kate Brian


Title: Privilege
Author: Kate Brian
Rating: 2.9/5

Ariana Osgood used to be the queen of Easton Academy. But then she accidentally killed Thomas Pearson, the love of her life. For the past sixteen months she’s been locked up at the Brenda T. Trumbull Correctional Facility for Women. She has been plotting her escape the entire time, and on the Fourth of July she finally gets her chance. Once Ariana is free she will do anything to get the life she’s always wanted. And I mean everything.




I will start off by saying I have not read the Private series that this book was based on, nor have I read it’s prequel Last Christmas. I have no intention of reading them either. I wouldn’t say Private is necessarily a bad or even poorly written book. The author is clearly an accomplished YA novel writer, and her books have quite the following. This story just wasn’t my “cup of tea” so to speak. The plot was extremely un-realistic, and the characters were all insane to the point that it slightly frustrated me. The ending was also pretty ridiculous. At the end I was left confused, I didn’t know whether to love or hate Ariana Osgood and her new identity. I was also a little upset that the only seemingly innocent character in the book turned out to be the bad guy. The sequel, Beautiful Disaster, comes out in June, maybe I will have to check it out.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com